Can you answer YES to 3 or more of these statements? If so, you may be addicted to the wanting part of losing weight.
- You’re desperate to lose weight
- You’ve lost and gained the same weight before
- You’ve got a “diet buddy”
- You cringe when you see the number on the scale (if you’ll even allow yourself to step on the scale)
- You’ve got more than one size clothes in your closet (your ‘fat clothes‘ and your ‘skinny clothes).
- You love the positive attention you receive when you do lose weight.
- You want the weight to be gone quickly (you know…40 pounds in 3 months quick).
Do you have a strong sense of urgency? Desperation to find the diet that “will work this time”. Or when you do find a new diet do you think, “ooo, this makes sense, I know this’ll work for me”.
Do you promise yourself that you’ll “do whatever it takes this time”?
Listen, I get it, this has been a crazy year, the pandemic, (or as one woman I spoke with referred to it; the Covid-19…and she was talking pounds gained), things kind of spiraled out of control.
You might’ve started out thinking, “well if I might die, at least I’m not going down without some luscious sourdough bread slathered in butter, or a big slice of fresh apple pie, or ooey-gooey warm from the oven chocolate chip cookies”.
But now your clothes are too tight, the days are getting shorter, the nights are getting longer, you’re spending more time inside and you’re beginning to feel that old familiar panic about your weight knotting up in your belly.
The panic starts in your belly, and before you know it, it’s like a fire alarm going off in your brain….you’ve got to DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!
Whoa. Take a deep breath.
Urgency is the wrong approach. Because isn’t it true that in the end you want the weight to be gone forever?
Do you realize if you reach your goal weight and maintain it easily, there’ll be no more;
- Commiserating with your “diet buddy” or your friends about needing to lose weight.
- Compliments about how good you look…because it will be your normal state…and frankly how often do people walk up to ‘normal weight’ individuals and compliment them on their weight???
- Going back to the way you ate that caused the weight gain in the first place, (you know the thinking…if I can just hold on until the weight is gone I can finally eat pizza, pasta and sweets again.)
Because losing weight in a healthy way and keeping it off forever is all about finding out how much and what you can eat to maintain your healthy weight.
It’s about looking forward to possibility, instead of looking back at past disappointments.
It’s realizing that you don’t have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods.
It’s about you learning to do little things differently, then slowly building on that success, until you wake up one day and realize you’re at your goal weight.
You’ll have transformed your relationship to your weight, to food, to how you think about yourself in such a way that going back to your old habits isn’t even a possibility.
If ditching the desperation and addiction to wanting to lose weight sounds awesome, and you’re ready to lose the weight for the last time, click HERE and book a FREE, No-Obligation chat with me.
You pick a time that works best for you.
We’ll spend 20 minutes talking about what’s happening with you and see if this is the right answer for you.
Even if you decide that now is not the right time, you’ll end up with some great ideas and things you can try on your own.
Imagine, next spring arriving and being excited to shop for summer clothes.
Yes, this could be what you’ve been waiting for.
Click HERE…Let’s Chat.