Do you ever discount your weight loss because “it’s only water weight?’
Here’s a different way to think about it,
Inflammation is the same thing as water retention.
Inflammation is the cause of arthritis and a myriad of health problems.
Foods that are essentially poisonous (sugar, processed foods) to your system cause your
body to go into protection mode, and increase inflammation in order to flush the poisons from your body.
Losing the first few pounds quickly means you are decreasing inflammation,
and that is all around a pretty good thing.
Losing the excess water weight means your body is a rock star, and is doing exactly what it was designed to do. Getting rid of inflammation.
So how about a hearty, “Hell yeah!”
How about, “This is so awesome, I wonder what else I can do to support my body?”
If you are interested in losing the “water weight” and improving your health and vitality, here are my tried and true, guaranteed to get results, top tips to get you started;
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day (includes herbal tea)
- Using the Hunger Scale (download here) eat when you are hungry, STOP the second you get satisfied.
- 90% of the time eat fuel foods (veggies, fats, protein)
- 10% of the time, eat whatever the hell you want…no regrets.
- Feed your emotional needs with non-food things (like bubble baths, walks with your dog, Netflix on the sofa, etc.)
- That’s it. Really. It’s not some secret crazy calorie counting formula.
Works like a charm.
I would love to know how you are using these tips, the results you are getting, and if you’re having any challenges. Hit Contact me, and let’s chat.